Monday, October 23, 2006

How Early Should I Apply For Job

"The fiddle Oval

was not right for that music that was played on the instruments that were not appropriate.
Well, one of my passions is precisely the violin, I had made my first steps in self plan with my friend Alberto, but I wanted someone professional contact thus to have more options when more accurate at the time of playing an instrument. So, I jumped and knocked on the door of the master luthier Reolid Jesus, no doubt to me one of the best builders of medieval instruments there, he heard me and opened wide his studio to study and work with him a fiddle bow or Viola.


After many dalliances between a fiddle in eight based on the Portico of the Majesty of The Collegiate Toro (Zamora), or one based on the iconography de Las Cantigas del Rey Alfonso X, decided to play the fiddle that accompanies one of 24 elderly musicians who lived within the stone and that Master Matthew asked her out when he carved in the twelfth century and that we contemplated r in El Portico de la Gloria of Santiago Cathedral de Compostela.
Every Saturday I approached the shop of Jesus to study and work the instrument. First watching photos and prints to get the planes, then choose the appropriate timber and then start taking the same, as if by magic it were, an instrument as closely as possible.
Well, once designed on paper, took a piece of wood of sycamore and said Jesus, "is your fiddle in there, make it out, " well ... were not exactly those words but the message, and based on a board that weighed a ton draw the profile and started to cut the shape and hollowed out.
Funny ... as I was already taking shape, I thought that the instrument was seen to sentence, but was not curro anda!.
silhouetted
Once enough as it was to carve the sides, bottom and headstock are not flat, having a recess, a swelling that had to be cut by hand with a tiny brush, which looked more like a pencil sharpener of the college, to gradually remove Wood surplus. It took me horrors with that tool of the devil, but finally got it. Then we Liam with the cover that it was his own, according to the box, has a convex shape on the outside and concave inside and that too was carved by hand. Then we continue with the handle, the tailpiece, pegs and the bridge, until finally after nine months, saw the birth of "Qamar min Khashab" Arabic name with which we baptize the fiddle, which means "Moon Wood" in memory of my cat.

difficult it is to describe the feeling I had ... that magic sound to hear it for the first time, just say that I was excited as time and went through my head a thousand images, phrases and situations in my life that is irrelevant but I have scored highly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment