Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Take Shower Before Lip Wax

As happened all

From 1978 until last year a large pile of "26 I" I have been working and enjoying the traditional music with the group "Wineskins "with free memories indeed collecting traditional songs, traveling back and forth, singing ballads, jacks and seguidillas, playing guitar, lute, mandolin and the last stage, the dulcimer, mandolin, fiddle, violin , etc. meanwhile also part of other groups as are "The Polyphonic Choir of Alcorcón" and "Chamber Ensemble Miguel de Fuenllana" where first contact with early music.
He was there with the teacher Javier Gastón "director and organist" with whom on Saturday morning in a parlor with its pipe organ I heard the first notes of the Cantigas de Santa Maria and Upsala Cancionero de Palacio, and where I received my first voice lessons. Then with the Chamber Group of Fuenllana Miguel, also directed by Javier Gaston, learning works by Mateo Flecha the Elder, Juan del Encina, Miguel de Fuenllana, among others .... for that, that was where I shot my crush on early music.
Something happened inside me, when I heard these English Renaissance polyphony put to me the creeps. I was
"and remain" ignorant of the music, never until then had followed yet, and wanted those sounds and polyphony is added to my life group "WINESKINS" ... Little by little they were introduced with a more than acceptable.
Every time I liked and began to learn songs Pili Manu taught us and my well ... to have fun and enjoy, then we were going through the medieval fairs in towns and cities where canturreábamos in the first place that we put a shot, never forget the sounds of:

(The Morell Cala Covas and Lithic quarries in Menorca, the Alhambra in Granada, the Crypt of the Church of Santa Maria de Tabara, San Martín de Frómista, the Sigüenza cathedral of Segovia, Teruel, Castello del Monte in Puglia, the Sainte Chapelle in Paris .....) and so many places where we agree and enjoyed.


At that time and we got together almost every Saturday at home to study, Las Cantigas de Santa Maria, I have to admit that at first it was music that made me very hard to hear, I could not enter or melodies so strange and new to me or the song structures, but now and why not by dint of great interest and determination, is the music I like to work, the music of the twelfth and fourteenth centuries.
On the other hand think that someday we would have to represent this music to clothing and instruments, Pili and Manu got down to work and drew up three suits based on English clothing around the twelfth century, based on miniatures, paintings, sculptures, museums ... two years of study have cost them and make clear, a thousand sketches purchased books, photographs, fabric stores visited, etc ... until I finally decided and went to buy fabrics and throw scissors, thread, needle and thimble until it had three coolest dresses.


Meanwhile I wanted to achieve a particular dream and went completely to him, was to play that music with instruments appropriate to the time and built it myself so I contacted with which today is for me the best luthier Jesus Reolid medieval instruments and started to build a fiddle under his direction Oval.
In between
all this "monkey business" I pointed to all possible courses of music and instruments, to go to every concert I could, until one day what happened had to happen ... after an introductory course to Gregorian chant in the Monastery of El Parral in Segovia, we went to our mutual friend John, component and choir director at Segovia Audit and gave us a CD of a certain Marcel Pérès Ensemble Organum his group, to hear those sounds, Manu was speechless (normal & Announcements), "Pili said queeeeee? and I honestly was more aware of what he was talking with my friends and Rachel Mané to audition, but what if I noticed is that something had spent there. Pili started to investigate to see who it was that Marcel Pérès and why early music singing that way, until one day he heard singing coming to Toledo and took us to listen.
We arrived at the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes (Toledo) y. .. Mother! I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing, the most impressive he had seen and heard ever, how to interpret and represent early music something I can not even describe ... were monks, angels, that was what I heard. That could not be just hear them singing and not without great cut and Pili Manu convinced that we should talk to them and it was. We wanted to know how we could learn to sing that way we heard and we were lucky because Marcel gave us a booklet of your school in France where he taught courses regularly.
Well since that day I have been training with courses in Moissac (France) where their school is named CIRMA (Itinérant Centre de Recherche sur les Musiques Anciennes) studying music of the twelfth century "Codex Calixtinus" Guillaume de XIV century Machaut, Byzantine Chant Liturgy of the Syrian and Romanian and Corso Canto also on the island of Corsica.

Time passed and in May of 2004 my long period in Wineskins ends "not without penalty.
My place great internal conflicts arose with myself, I always wondered what he was doing, which is what I wanted, to my point, finally a lot of questions within the group could not answer . After much conjecture decided to move away and start thinking of me, I think for the first time in my life.
The march was traumatic, not in vain for what I was saying goodbye was to my music group life, but it is also true that inside there was something else, within the group there was a great friendship with the people who formed and hence the hardness of my decision, but when the friendship is sincere there is nothing to fear and finally, over time I realized that my decision was correct.
never forget the wonderful moments I have spent over 26 years you will always be my group "wineskins" from here I send all my support and love.

's been a while and what if I have clear is that I do not want to part with this world I just met and I want to keep connected to old music I like forever. So I'm embarking on projects and related groups in the art and thus will not stop to enjoy.
And all this plus my moments of violin with Jesus Reolid where thanks to his wisdom and my will were born and four instruments: fiddle
An oval (play based on a stone images of the Portico de la Gloria of the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela s.XII). A rebec
rebab or Andalusian (play based on the iconography of the Codex of the Cantigas of Alfonso X "El Sabio" s.XIII CSM # 170).
A hurdy gurdy (based reproduction of the painting "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by Hieronymus Bosch "s.XV).
A rebec (play based on a stone images of the tympanum of the Abbey of San Pedro de Moissac, France (twelfth century). And in a project
Simphonie based on the iconography of The Cantigas de Santa Maria.

could ask for more!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment