Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tongue An Kidney Problems

Friday June 18, 2010, 20 h: Flandres, Bruno Dumont


Flanders (Flandres) of Bruno Dumont
France, 2006. 91 '. 35 mm
vose War and Peace Cycle Single pass

In collaboration with Cultural Services of the French Embassy in Spain and the French Alliance

" a somber reflection on the barbarity of war and the bestiality of man, only compassion can save a tremendous performances ... beautiful ... "Variety


Explain the process that makes a movie in action remains a mystery. For "Twentynine Palms" was a sensation. The stealth character as police inspector in "The Life of Jesus" inspired me to "Humanity."

If you ask me why or how, I can not answer. The important thing for me is to describe a story with images and sounds. The job of a director is like that of a painter. Matisse wrote that the important thing in painting is not the subject, but how things are arranged around the subject, its proportion. Flanders, for example, is a mystery to me. I was born there. My relationship is visceral, sensitive, in other words, is not driven by reason. The camera becomes a microscope or a lens positioned on the subject ... Need land to shoot humans. In his film, Flandres is an aspect of human existence. I need a story because stories are the natural movement of our lives, our connection with others. Making the film is like knitting. The war "Flanders" is an expression of our desires conflict. Bruno Dumont


0 comments:

Post a Comment